Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Hyundai Elantra / Avante X20 - Absorber Change

My search is finally over.

I wish to improve my X20 suspensions (which to me is quite soft) but with tight budget and difficult to get aftermarket parts does keep me wondering for a while...

After seeking an advise from local Hyundai rep, I have an option for a better OEM parts, which is an equivalent to the stock absorber but with higher damping rate, a perfect replacement to my stock absorber.

New Absorber - Hyundai Genuine Parts.

Front Absorber -Stock compare to new absorber

Rear Absorber -Stock compare to new absorber

Have it install today and can immediately feel the impact.. it goes well with my Eibach springs as well..

Odometer: 94140 km

4 comments:

  1. Hi,
    Keep us update on the handling :D
    Will it float when travel above 120km/h?
    Will it shake left and right when cross un-even road?
    What had improve when you change with Eibach?
    Regards
    ChongHL

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi Chong,

    With Eibach springs and new abs, it does performs well when cruising above 120km/h. Less bouncing on uneven road and when taking corners.

    Do note that when you install Eibach Pro-kit springs, your ride will be lowered around 30mm. With that alone you can already feel the impact to the handling.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, I'm an Elantra X20 owner as well. I would like to know how to tell my technician from Hyundai about the exact absorber that you got installed on your ride? Do you have exact model or code or specification of it? I would be very appreciated if you could share the info :)

      Delete
  3. bro,i baru change to eibach prokit last week rm1200
    but da spring still abit soft..
    nt sure is da original 1 or nt ?=.=
    hw is ur box looks like n do u hav any warranty certficate ?

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails